High Taxes are NOT the answer!
Nomen Nescio
2008-02-23 06:50:05 UTC
"... lawmakers need to be reminded that California is a
high tax state and does not have a revenue problem.
A number of academic studies confirm that governments at
all levels in our state, after adjusting for inflation and
population growth, have more money -- in some cases, much
more money-- than prior to the passage of Proposition 13.

For example, tax raisers like to "fly the bloody flag" of
education, but in reality we now spend thirty percent more,
in inflation-adjusted dollars, per pupil than we did in 1978.

Just say NO to new taxes
Glasshouse
2008-02-23 10:06:12 UTC
Post by Nomen Nescio
"... lawmakers need to be reminded that California is a
high tax state and does not have a revenue problem.
A number of academic studies confirm that governments at
all levels in our state, after adjusting for inflation and
population growth, have more money -- in some cases, much
more money-- than prior to the passage of Proposition 13.
For example, tax raisers like to "fly the bloody flag" of
education, but in reality we now spend thirty percent more,
in inflation-adjusted dollars, per pupil than we did in 1978.
Just say NO to new taxes
Ok, so if taxes are not the answer I am left with three questions. One, are
you quoting (with out giving credit) Jon Coupal's editorial from 2/21/2008?
http://www.californiarepublic.org/archives/Columns/Coupal/20080221CoupalDont.html
Two, are you arguing the same point as Jon Coupal? Three, what is your
solution (at least a rough idea) or are you saying there is no problem to be
fixed?
N***@excite.de
2008-02-23 11:43:13 UTC
Post by Glasshouse
Post by Nomen Nescio
Just say NO to new taxes
Ok, so if taxes are not the answer I am left with three questions. One, are
you quoting (with out giving credit) Jon Coupal's editorial from 2/21/2008?http://www.californiarepublic.org/archives/Columns/Coupal/20080221Cou...
Yes, this is USENET, not a phd dissertation.
Post by Glasshouse
Two, are you arguing the same point as Jon Coupal?
Yes. New taxes aren't the solution.
Post by Glasshouse
Three, what is your solution (at least a rough idea) or are
you saying there is no problem to be fixed?
California needs to cut spending across the board
fifteen percent and put in escalators at the rate of
inflation.

Nathan
Glasshouse
2008-02-23 19:50:13 UTC
Post by N***@excite.de
Post by Glasshouse
Post by Nomen Nescio
Just say NO to new taxes
Ok, so if taxes are not the answer I am left with three questions. One, are
you quoting (with out giving credit) Jon Coupal's editorial from
2/21/2008?http://www.californiarepublic.org/archives/Columns/Coupal/20080221Cou...
Yes, this is USENET, not a phd dissertation.
You have to site your sources in middle school!!! No, USENET is not a
formal paper but is similar to a letter to the editor in a news paper....no
one knows what you are talking about until you tell them.
Post by N***@excite.de
Post by Glasshouse
Two, are you arguing the same point as Jon Coupal?
Yes. New taxes aren't the solution.
You may be correct about that, but not because of "your" (Jon Coupal's)
reasoning.
Post by N***@excite.de
Post by Glasshouse
Three, what is your solution (at least a rough idea) or are
you saying there is no problem to be fixed?
California needs to cut spending across the board
fifteen percent and put in escalators at the rate of
inflation.
That is one hell of a rough idea. So, the right now is looking to be $140+
billion after a 10% reduction spending cut. Your pearl of wisdom would only
drop the budget to about $131 billion. That is still $6 billion short!
http://www.latimes.com/business/taxes/la-me-budget21feb21,1,2036358.story?ctrack=3&cset=true
and
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/02/21/BAT1V5PL2.DTL&type=politics

Your no better than the politicians, spending money on escalators in a time
like this....but I would like one in my place.....no, it is bad spending.
Plus, stairs would be cheaper and wouldn't need as much in repairs.