Reporting from the front lines.
Queenie
2008-12-28 22:08:38 UTC
"WANTED: Bulletproof vests for Flint pizza delivery men. Laid off
policeman's vests welcome. Drop off at any local pizzeria."

Verbatim; want ad in the Davison Flagstaff.

~Queenie, posting via dialup from Michigan.
Jeannie
2008-12-28 23:27:17 UTC
On Dec 28, 2:08 pm, Queenie <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> "WANTED: Bulletproof vests for Flint pizza delivery men.  Laid off
> policeman's vests welcome.  Drop off at any local pizzeria."
>
> Verbatim; want ad in the Davison Flagstaff.
>
> ~Queenie,  posting via dialup from Michigan.

Hmm, who owns the Flint pizzeria chain? Methinks those nice free
vests are not really meant for the delivery teens....

Jeannie
Queenie
2008-12-30 02:47:55 UTC
On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 15:27:17 -0800 (PST), Jeannie
<***@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Dec 28, 2:08 pm, Queenie <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "WANTED: Bulletproof vests for Flint pizza delivery men.  Laid off
>> policeman's vests welcome.  Drop off at any local pizzeria."
>>
>> Verbatim; want ad in the Davison Flagstaff.
>>
>> ~Queenie,  posting via dialup from Michigan.
>
>Hmm, who owns the Flint pizzeria chain? Methinks those nice free
>vests are not really meant for the delivery teens....

Flint has over 120,000 population, lots of pizza joints. It has to be
a joke... I hope!

~Queenie, so glad to be home again!
Bob Vaughan
2008-12-31 06:15:51 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>,
Queenie <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 15:27:17 -0800 (PST), Jeannie
><***@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Dec 28, 2:08 pm, Queenie <***@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> "WANTED: Bulletproof vests for Flint pizza delivery men.  Laid off
>>> policeman's vests welcome.  Drop off at any local pizzeria."
>>>
>>> Verbatim; want ad in the Davison Flagstaff.
>>>
>>> ~Queenie,  posting via dialup from Michigan.
>>
>>Hmm, who owns the Flint pizzeria chain? Methinks those nice free
>>vests are not really meant for the delivery teens....
>
>Flint has over 120,000 population, lots of pizza joints. It has to be
>a joke... I hope!
>
>~Queenie, so glad to be home again!

Hmm.. Someone's been reading Snow Crash? (Neil Stevenson)

Bob Vaughan | techie @ tantivy.net |
| P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309 |
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --
Queenie
2008-12-31 06:52:47 UTC
On Dec 30, 10:15 pm, ***@tantivy.tantivy.net (Bob Vaughan) wrote:
> Hmm.. Someone's been reading Snow Crash?  (Neil Stevenson)

Hey, good one.

I don't know. They're selling houses in Detroit for $1000 these
days. Can't be too far from meltdown...

~Queenie
Steve Thompson
2009-01-02 02:18:56 UTC
Julian Macassey
2008-12-30 07:34:56 UTC
On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 14:08:38 -0800 (PST), Queenie <***@gmail.com> wrote:
> "WANTED: Bulletproof vests for Flint pizza delivery men. Laid off
> policeman's vests welcome. Drop off at any local pizzeria."
>
> Verbatim; want ad in the Davison Flagstaff.

My first thought. If they made better pizza, they
wouldn't need the bulletproof vests.

Then, if the Flint cops are like LA cops consider this.

In LA, you dial 911, then hang up and dial Dominoes
Pizza. Then see who shows up first. Remember, one of them have to
make a pizza before they head off to your house. So in LA, it may
be prudent for the pizza deliery guy to wear a vest as no doubt
he will be delivering without police backup.

--
This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with
Negroes, entertainers, and any others. - Harry J. Anslinger
Queenie
2008-12-31 06:52:18 UTC
On Dec 29, 11:34 pm, Julian Macassey <***@tele.com> wrote:
>         My first thought. If they made better pizza, they
> wouldn't need the bulletproof vests.

OK, made me laugh.

>         Then, if the Flint cops are like LA cops consider this.
>
>         In LA, you dial 911, then hang up and dial Dominoes
> Pizza. Then see who shows up first. Remember, one of them have to
> make a pizza before they head off to your house. So in LA, it may
> be prudent for the pizza deliery guy to wear a vest as no doubt
> he will be delivering without police backup.

Check this out, just found it:

http://swik.net/User:zedomax/Zedomax/Bullet+Proof+Vest+Creator+Shoots+himself+for+testing!/b9bcz

"Richard Davis, former U.S. Marine and onetime pizza delivery guy in
Detroit, survived a gun shootout (he killed three armed robbers when
they attacked him during a delivery). He went on to develop new forms
of concealable body armor using kevlar..."

> This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with
> Negroes, entertainers, and any others. - Harry J. Anslinger

Got any?

~Queenie