(fwd) Santa Cruz Homeless Update - More Tsurus at the Metro Bus Station - Event Scheduled Wed Morning
danny
2008-11-26 05:24:11 UTC
[huffsantacruz] Protest Wednesday morning at Metro, starting at Sub
Rosa cafe at 11:30 AMTuesday, November 25, 2008 9:06 PM
From: "Robert Norse" <***@hotmail.com>
To: "HUFF yahoo groups" <***@yahoogroups.com>
http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2008/11/25/18552885.php

Santa Cruz Indymedia | Police State and Prisons

Rotkin Claims: No Flyering Allowed at the Metro Center--Protest 11-26
11:30 AM
by Robert Norse
Tuesday Nov 25th, 2008 9:00 PM
Mike Rotkin informed me today by telephone that political leafleting
was illegal at the Metro Center. I was falsely arrested and ticketed
at the Metro Center earlier this month after telling security guards
it was the right of the people sitting there to be left alone. Earlier
I had been ordered off the property for insisting a security guard do
something about religious KSCO sermons being blasted out the
loudspeakers onto the public sidewalk. I'll be back tomorrow to gather
reports of harassment there and establish the right to be there (and
flyer there). Join me.
I was not custodially arrested (i.e. taken to jail or to the police
station), but I was held against my will, required to leave the
property, and displayed as a public example to intimidate others.

Extensive audio tape documenting all of this can be found at
http://www.radiolibre.org/brb/ brb081106.mp3 and http://www.radiolib
re.org/brb/ brb081109.mp3 (download and fast forward to the relevant
sections).

The general crackdown is discussed at http://www.indybay.org/comment.php?top_id=
18551237 ("Police/Merchant Crack-Down Downtown: Resistance Meetings
Saturday and Sunday")

Rotkin's supports the right to assemble at UCSC and says he opposes
recently enacted restrictive regulations (Good Times: "Speak Here or
Forever Hold Your Peace" at http://www.gtweekly .com/20081020267 121/
news/ activism/ speak-here- or-forever- hold-your- peace ).

However he's also a long-time supporter of the Sleeping Ban and the
Downtown Ordinances and has gone so far as to have me arrested for
trying to go into a public ACLU meeting with a sign protesting the
Sleeping Ban (see stories below).

Activists ask ACLU to help end sleeping ban
http://www.indybay. org/newsitems/ 2007/08/26/18443532.php?show_

Rotkin Responds to the ACLU Scandal: Signature Hypocrisy of Phoney
"Progressive" Politics -
http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2007/09/08/18446314.php

Rotkin has agreed to be part of a debate on Free Radio 9:30 AM on
Sunday December 7th around the repressive UCSC rules, but also
regarding his position on downtown free assembly restrictions and
public comment cutbacks at City Council.

I'll be distributing the following flyer today at City Council. The
Metro false arrest described accurately at http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2008/11/04/18548934.php

Take Back Public Space
Wednesday November 26th 11:30 AM

On 11-2, Metro security guards & the SCPD cited activist Robert Norse
for “refusing to leave a business”.

Norse was standing 5' from the public sidewalk on the walkway into the
Metro entrance near Pacific.

The guard rebuffed his complaint about religious sermons being
broadcast over the loudspeakers.

When Norse objected to the guard's harassing homeless people there, he
was told to leave. He refused.

He faces $100-200 fine. Recently benches have been removed and police
cracked down all along Pacific Ave.

When contacted on 11-25, Metro Board member Mike Rotkin said it was
“illegal to leaflet” there.
At least two foodserving groups reported police harassment and
direction to leave the downtown area.

After the 9:30 -11:30 AM HUFF (Homeless United for Friendship &
Freedom) meeting
at the Sub Rosa Cafe (703 Pacific next to the Bike Church--
(rain and heavy attendance may send us to the Saturn Cafe at Laurel &
Pacific)
Start at the HUFF meeting, bike or walk to the Metro Transit Center.
Bring signs, cameras, audio recorders, umbrellas, leaflets, and high
spirits.

Coming December 6th: Saturday Night Sleep-In at City Hall (Call 423-
HUFF for info)

Flyer by Norse of HUFF (Homeless United for Friendship & Freedom)
831-423-4833 http://www.huffsant acruz.org 11-25-08
Amos Nandy
2008-12-07 06:56:29 UTC
On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 21:24:11 -0800 (PST), danny
Post by danny
I was not custodially arrested (i.e. taken to jail or to the police
station), but I was held against my will, required to leave the
property, and displayed as a public example to intimidate others
Danny, boy, no one cares. The sooner you realize that the sooner you
can get back to doing something else that's worthless in the scheme of
mankind.
danny
2008-12-09 18:07:41 UTC
Post by danny
I was not custodially arrested (i.e. taken to jail or to the police
station), but I was held against my will, required to leave the
property, and displayed as a public example to intimidate others
Danny, boy, no one cares. The sooner you realize that the sooner you
can get back to doing something else that's worthless in the scheme of
mankind.
No, your posting has its attributions wrong. It was Robert Norse, not
me, who was "not custodially arrested but held against his will" etc.
I was 50 miles away and like you I couldn't care less.

If you don't like reading my worthless forwarded postings, then don't
read them. Believe me, at this point it's only a hobby. Don't worry,
I've got a lot of worthless other things happening in my life too.
n***@millions.com
2008-12-09 18:29:12 UTC
Post by danny
I was not custodially arrested (i.e. taken to jail or to the police
station), but I was held against my will, required to leave the
property, and displayed as a public example to intimidate others
Danny, boy, no one cares. The sooner you realize that the sooner you
can get back to doing something else that's worthless in the scheme of
mankind.
No, your posting has its attributions wrong. It was Robert Norse, not
me, who was "not custodially arrested but held against his will" etc.
I was 50 miles away and like you I couldn't care less.
If you don't like reading my worthless forwarded postings, then don't
read them. Believe me, at this point it's only a hobby. Don't worry,
I've got a lot of worthless other things happening in my life too.
Keep your comments comin, I enjoy them.

DCI
Amos Nandy
2008-12-10 02:26:47 UTC
Post by danny
I was not custodially arrested (i.e. taken to jail or to the police
station), but I was held against my will, required to leave the
property, and displayed as a public example to intimidate others
Danny, boy, no one cares. The sooner you realize that the sooner you
can get back to doing something else that's worthless in the scheme of
mankind.
No, your posting has its attributions wrong. It was Robert Norse, not
me, who was "not custodially arrested but held against his will" etc.
I was 50 miles away and like you I couldn't care less.
If you don't like reading my worthless forwarded postings, then don't
read them. Believe me, at this point it's only a hobby. Don't worry,
I've got a lot of worthless other things happening in my life too.
Good boy! Just don't move to Illinois and you'll do well in the
liberal camp.

Stan de SD
2008-12-07 20:43:30 UTC
Post by danny
[...]
Glad to hear that there are SOME people with a semblance of sanity
left in Santa Cruz, who won't kowtow to the likes of militant
"homeless advocate" nut-cakes like you and Norse. :O|