hello...hello...
j r pierce
2009-08-08 04:08:52 UTC
so, did these scruz.*** groups go bye-bye while I was on hiatus from
usenet or something?

I know these used to be 'maintained' by scruz-net, who is long gone
from the scene.
Jeff Liebermann
2009-08-08 06:44:49 UTC
Post by j r pierce
so, did these scruz.*** groups go bye-bye while I was on hiatus from
usenet or something?
Newsguy and Supernews/Giganews still carry the entire collection, but
the only traffic is ocassional spam. The only group that has any
traffic is scruz.general, most of it originating from and dealing with
the homeless. I've switched to ba.mountain-folk as being a bit more
useful.
Post by j r pierce
I know these used to be 'maintained' by scruz-net, who is long gone
from the scene.
Most of the "maintaining" is being done by the commercial usenet news
services.

So, where have you been hiding?
j r pierce
2009-08-11 06:19:14 UTC
Post by Jeff Liebermann
So, where have you been hiding?
still living just up the hill from your office, still working for
International Widget, dabbling in photography, amateur astronomy, and
never having enough time to ride my motorcycle.

I took a vacation from usenet, was getting sick of the constant flame
wars.. I just happened to notice that my newsreader was still
installed on this system so I fired it up and let it download 35000
spams.