"Indicted for thoughtcrime, speechcrime, and symbolcrime"
Tim May
2008-01-24 22:11:42 UTC
With all the loose talk here about how our boys are fighting the
ragheads in Iraq cuz they, like, were behind 9/11 and we have to kill
Muslims so that they can be taught democracy, this item is in today's

"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A man has been indicted on federal charges for
allegedly displaying hangman's nooses from the back of a pickup truck
during a civil rights march last year in Jena, Louisiana."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/24/jena.indictment/index.html?iref=mpst
oryview

More at the usual sites. Use your favorite tools.

So, we have degenerated to the point where a "speech act" where
nobody's property or person was actually hurt, in a criminal way, is
now a "hate crime."

I wonder if the ACLJew will come to the defense of free speech?

No doubt the Anti-Defamation League of Bidet Breath was pushing for
this indictment.

--Tim May
k***@yahoo.com
2008-01-24 22:33:18 UTC
Post by Tim May
[...]
They don't have too.
It's already the "Law."

E***@spamblock.panix.com
2008-01-25 13:04:18 UTC
Post by Tim May
"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A man has been indicted on federal charges for
allegedly displaying hangman's nooses from the back of a pickup truck
during a civil rights march last year in Jena, Louisiana."
There is no excuse for this. The man's free speech rights trump any other
consideration here.

Yes indeed, the ACLU should step in, no matter how reprehensible the
speech was. Freedom of speech is one of the bedrocks of our freedom in
general.
--
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.